Serving Established Clients:
Wednesdays before the 3rd Thursday of
And Emergencies by Appointment.
Or food may be dropped off in one of our drop bins at anytime.
Hershey Food Bank and Community Outreach, Inc. is qualified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Hershey Food Bank and Community Outreach, Inc. are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Due to the Coronavirus the Hershey Food Bank has made changes to the way we operate by using new protocols to mitigate the virus and minimize personal interactions.
These protocols are now in effect:
1. We plan on continuing to be open during our normal schedule: First and third Thursday of each month 9:00-11:30 and 5:00 – 7:00 and third Wednesday 9:00-11:30.
2. Clients are to follow the parking attendant instructions and stay in their cars.
3. Until further notice clients may not shop so that we maintain the guidelines of social distancing.
4. Volunteers will bring the food to the clients' cars.
5. We will continue to provide food as usual; non perishables, meat, dairy, produce, paper and personal care items (provided we have all of these in supply).
6. If you are not a client but are in need of food and reside in Hershey / Derry Township please email us. We are here to help if we can. email@example.com
For our Volunteers:
Please do not volunteer if you are ill, have any concerns, or don’t feel comfortable. We want you to stay healthy.We thank you for your time and commitment to our mission. You are an amazing group and we couldn’t do this without you! We are blessed and appreciate the support we have received from so many willing to serve and support our efforts.
For those who want to help:
As you know the grocery stores can’t keep up with the demand. At this time they are not allowing us to place orders as we did every week. This makes it more difficult for us to maintain our stock since we can only purchase a few items at a time instead of 10 or 20 cases of each item. This is also more costly as we used to buying in large quantities and only when on sale.
How much food does the food bank use? Lots! At our last
distribution we served 212 families and used over
1- Funds are always welcome and appreciated.
2- If you can afford it, when shopping please buy a couple extra items for the food bank.
All items are gladly accepted but here are some suggestions of the most needed: Tuna, canned meats, baked beans, canned peas, peanut butter, canned pasta sauce (no glass jars please), laundry detergent, bars of soap, toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes.
For your convenience you may drop off food at any of these locations:
Hershey Food Bank 120 East Derry Rd. inside brown drop off bins.
640 Sand Hill Rd. by the garage doors.
302 McCorcke Rd – Jacob’s Creek – front porch.
221 East Areba Ave. – front porch.
1118 Stoney Run Rd. Hummelstown – by the garage doors
858 Appenzell Dr. Hummelstown – by the garage doors
Thank you for helping us help others.
Please be safe and stay healthy.